Adding avocado to smoothies gives you a lovely dose of omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are vital for brain development and nerve function. Not only that, but the avocado also assists the body in absorbing nutrients from the greens.
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup coconut water, unsweetened
- 1 ripe pear, cored
- 1/2 cup mango, frozen
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 ½ tbsp matcha green tea powder
1. Prepare the Ingredients:
- Wash the fresh spinach thoroughly and remove any tough stems.
- Core the ripe pear and cut it into chunks.
- Measure out the frozen mango and avocado.
2. Blend the Ingredients:
- In a blender, combine the fresh spinach, coconut water, pear chunks, frozen mango, avocado, and matcha green tea powder.
- Blend on high until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy. You might need to pause and scrape down the sides of the blender to ensure everything is blended evenly.
3. Check the Consistency:
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add a bit more coconut water to reach your desired consistency. Blend again briefly to incorporate.
4. Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness, if needed. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, you can add a touch of honey, maple syrup, or a medjool date and blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy immediately.
- You can customize the level of sweetness by using sweeter or riper fruits, or by adding a natural sweetener.
- For added creaminess and richness, you can include a tablespoon of nut butter (such as almond or cashew) when blending.
- If you like a colder and thicker smoothie, you can add a few ice cubes to the blender.
- Feel free to experiment with different variations by incorporating other fruits, seeds, or protein powder to suit your taste and nutritional preferences.
Indulge in the nourishing and vibrant flavors of this Avocado Matcha Smoothie, packed with antioxidants and essential nutrients!